Solid Ground School offers a unique educational experience and is guided by a distinct educational philosophy. Our goal with enrollment is to attract families that appreciate and support our approach to education, value outdoor engagement, and are committed to joining our school community.
To help ensure a good fit, our enrollment process begins with a guided tour of the school and a discussion of our philosophy and values. To begin this process, attend an open house or schedule a tour by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend an open house or schedule a tour by emailing email@example.com.
- Request an application form and submit an application and a non-refundable $60 application fee. When your application and fee have been submitted, your application will be considered complete and your child will be added to our pool of applicants and be placed on our wait list.
- An interview with your family will be scheduled to help us both decide if we have a good fit when we are considering applications.
- Expect an invitation to join our school community once all interviews have been completed. We collect all applications and then consider them as a group each year so that we may achieve an optimal balance within the classroom. Students are not considered on a rolling basis.
- Finalize enrollment by paying a refundable deposit equal to one month's tuition by the deadline. This payment will be applied to your child's final monthly tuition payment.
- Prepare for the adventure to come!
Solid Ground School is currently entirely funded through tuition payments. Our Board of Directors is working to develop alternative funding methods in order to create a more accessible program, and welcome donations towards our scholarship fund, grant recommendations, and other creative solutions. To this end, we currently offer our tuition fees on a sliding scale. To determine your annual or monthly tuition refer to the table below. We also offer a 5% discount from the listed annual rate if families pay the entire annual tuition upfront.
In order to ensure the sustainability of our program, we can only offer a limited number of slots at the lowest income levels. In the case that spots at the lower rates are unavailable, applicants will have the option to remain on a wait list until a spot becomes available, or they may elect to pay an available higher rate to help ensure a spot.
The table below delineates the tuition rates at each income level and gives an example of how higher rates offset lower rates. By asking those who are able to do so to pay a little more, we are able to increase the accessibility and the diversity of our school, which we believe benefits all of the families in our community.
For families who are interested in applying in advance for future school years (beyond the upcoming school year), or for families who have missed our enrollment deadlines, we will maintain a waiting list. In order to secure your spot on the waiting list, you must attend an open house or a tour and submit an application with an application fee.
*Solid Ground School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship, or other programs.